Sunday, August 10, 2008

10 Movies to see before you die

As a follow up to the 10 books you need to read before you die, a survey was done on the 10 movies you need to see before you die. It seems they've broken them out by genre.

Drama: The Godfather. One of my absolute favorite movies, ever.


Romance: Titanic. This movie was actually surprisingly good. As a general rule I do not like period pieces, because I know how they end (SPOILER: The boat sinks)...but I found the love story in Titanic compelling.


Classic: Gone With the Wind. This is high on my favorite reads list, and thus makes it very low on my favorite movie list.


Action: Batman Returns. I'm not sure I agree with this one. But I do enjoy this movie.


Sci-Fi: Star Wars. Another of my all time faves. Although, I think the Empire Strikes Back would get the nod in my book.


Horror: The Sixth Sense. This is an awful choice for must-see horror movie of all time. Insert the Omen or the Exorcist and I'd be happier. The reason I hated the Sixth Sense so much? Because I figured it out in 15 minutes. "I see dead Bruce Willises"


Teen: The Breakfast Club. Hard to argue with this choice. Who doesn't love the Breakfast Club.



Musical: Moulin Rouge. I hate musicals. Period. With a gun to my head, I would put West Side Story light years ahead of Moulin Rouge.


Comedy: The Naked Gun. Although I did like the Naked Gun, there are so many better comedies to put ahead of it. Wayne's World, Austin Powers, Old School, Swingers, Office Space...I could go on.


Foreign: Amelie. I enjoyed this movie. I can't say that I've seen a lot of foreign flicks, but I think I would put Life is Beautiful and Enter the Dragon above this one.



So where do you weigh in on these choices? DJ Skittles: I'm looking your way!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Animal House and Caddyshack were much better than Naked Gun, and as an added bonus, no Orenthal.