Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Night at Nationals Park...

I went to the Angels v. Nationals game with Rob tonight and we had a great time. It helped that we had perfect weather, and the Angels kicked ass.

However, I was forced to confront myself. I made a conscious (or even conscientious), sober decision to not hit-on/flirt-with the 23 year old law student who was sitting in front of us. Unconscious and/or unsober, this story would have a different ending I'm sure. 23 years old...it feels like yesterday, but it was a lifetime ago (or at least a third of a lifetime).

Was it Wisdom? Experience? Foresight? or a huge Lapse in judgment? -- no clue -- I suppose Siobhan will have to weigh in on this thing.

Maybe in 30 years I'll have the wisdom, experience, and foresight to make a different decision. Hey, it worked for Tony Randall...but then again, he's dead.

5 comments:

Vespa Jay said...

...huge lapse in judgement

Vergie Bridges said...

Were you unsober when you wrote this post?

Kevin said...

Good call. People who are 23 years old are, as a rule, completely insufferable.

chimney fall cat said...

...gotta love Tony...and his wife Heather is actually my best friend Mai's cousin. If he can do it anyone can!

BoSox Siobhan said...

And I am here to tell you BigT, that the young lovin is good lovin.