Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Stone-a-thon

So -- I just finished watching "How High" starring Method Man and Redman...this is an underrated cinematic achievement. Aside from being a couple of brothas who happen to get into Harvard (an homage to "Soul Man" in a reverse they're-not-white-kind-of-way), they manage to insert into the plot line that they need to smoke the remains of John Quincy Adams in order to pass their finals...quite the plot twist...and, may I say, a stroke of cinematic genius.

So, I decided to google "Smoking John Quincy Adams" and I got this quote which JQA stated after he quit smoking butts:

'I have often wished that every individual afflicted with this artificial passion could force it upon himself to try but for three months the experiment which I made, sure that it would turn every acre of tobacco land into a wheat field, and add five years to the average of human life'.


God speed the other members of the Wu Tang Clan who can provide me more "The More You Know" moments. If only Ol' Dirty Bastard had heeded such wisdom.




Up next: Harold and Kumar go to White Castle...hopefully Neil Patrick Harris has something insightful to say.

1 comment:

BoSox Siobhan said...

Dear Lord. Jim and I spent a thoroughly hung-over Sunday watching this movie when we still lived in DC. I saw it was on the Comedy Channel yesterday and wisely decided to stay away. "Cinematic masterpiece," indeed.