Friday, April 11, 2008

Finding my bearings



After wandering aimlesslyt for almost an hour through crowded street after crowded street I found a beam of hope. A guided tour. I paid my 5E and got on the trolly.

We weaved between pedestrians and parked cars while the tour guide shouted out from a cue card about things completely obfuscated from our view. At this point I'm feeling better, because I'm sitting next to an American and I can make comments that don't drift into entropy. (However, this co-ed (she couldn't have been more than 19 yo) had no interest in talking to me, let alone anyone).

We reach the base of the hill of the Acropolis. Our tour guide gives us 1 hour to go explore. Knowing that Andrea wanted to see the Acropolis (which is the A1 site in Athens), I defer and sit outside the gate and write postcards home.

No comments: