Friday, April 11, 2008

Meeting Peter




I'm done at the Olympic Gardens and and Iam tired and my feet hurt. I find a taxi right outside the Olympic Garden and 2 old men were sitting on a bench near the cab. They asked where I needed to go and where I was from. Turns out the driver lived in Baltimore and his buddy lived in Houston.

So the driver (Peter) quotes me a price and offers to drive by a few more of the sights. He takes me by the Olympic Stadium, where they now light the torch every Olympic games and then past the King's mansion, where there is a beefeater type guard. Peter actually pulled the cab over and took my picture with the guard.

On the ride to the hotel, Peter offers his services to take us on various day-trips -- to which I tell him I will give him a call (more on this later).

No comments: