Saturday, April 12, 2008

Poros




We get to Poros and it is small and quaint with lots of little outdoor restaurants. I check the board for the ferries and see that the one we came on is the last one leaving today -- and it's leaving in 15 minutes!

We hustle around to see if there are any Dolphins leaving later, and thankfully there are. There is one leaving for Hydra (pronounced "ee-dra") at 3pm and we book a Dolphin to come back from Hydra at 8pm -- all the way back to the mainland.

Andrea was a bit taken back when I went into panic mode about getting off the island of Poros. She said "What's the worst that could happen? We have to spend the night here?" I told her "Yes. That is the worst that could happen!"

I might have felt differently if I had an overnight bag or knew that the hotels on the island were reasonably priced (and most important, had vacancies). So my little freak out sent us to Hydra which ended up being a great thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you did have a borderline panic attack about the prospect of being on Gilligan's Island. "Relax man, you have nothing to worry about!"

Peace,
ANF