Monday, April 14, 2008

Last night in Greece

Andrea and I head back out to dinner -- she is still not feeling great and only has a couple of bites of her food. This is like the 3rd time in the past 2 days. And the Greeks are proud people. Everytime Andrea eats only a couple of bites the waiter immediately pipes up "What? Somethingawrong witta da food? I senda back and makea you happy anda full" (and for purposes of this journal Greeks sound just like Italians. I'm sure that'll offend them).

So now word has surely spread to the other chefs in town about Andrea's lack of appetite. Good thing we leave town in the morning.

We do some light souvenir shopping and head back to the hotel. I have trouble getting to sleep - luckily there is a movie on TV in English and only subtitled in Greek. About 2am I see if I can catch a swim on the rooftop pool. Alas, the pool is roped off. Back to the room. 5am comes early

No comments: